Schengen visa is valid to visit all the Schengen States
Only Qatari nationals and nationals of third countries that are legal residents in Qatar can apply for a visa to Spain in Doha. Non Qatari nationals must have a residence permit attached in the current valid passport.
Visa applicants are requested to appear in person at BLS Application Centre at the time of submission.
Incomplete, unclear or unsigned applications will not be accepted
Visa fees are non-refundable and have to be paid only in cash at the time of application
If the visit involves two or more Schengen countries, the Embassy responsible for the issuance of the visa will be:
- The Embassy of the country in which the traveller is going to stay the longest.
- If the traveller is to stay the same time in different Schengen countries, the Embassy of the country of first entry.
Please note granting a visa is the prerogative of the Embassy of Spain for each application. Submission of all the documents does not imply right to be granted a visa.
Please Note: There is a service charge of QR 60 (Euro 15.45) at Doha Visa Application Center per application over and above the visa fees payable by all applicants. Children under 6 are exempted from visa fee and service charge.
||Visa Fee in QR (Euro equivalent)
||QR 232 (Euro 60)
|Childrenbetween 6-12 years
||QR 135 (Euro 35)
|Countries with a visa facilitation agreement with the EU
||QR 135 (Euro 35)
Countries with a visa facilitation agreement with the European Union (Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cape Verde, Georgia, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM), Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia and Ukraine) and children between the ages of 6-12 years are subjected to a reduced visa fee but have to pay the service charge.
The Visa fees can be paid by cash only. BLS service charge is to be paid online while booking the appointment. It is subject to change without notice. The fee is non-refundable.
The BLS service charge of QR 60 paid online will not be refunded back in case if an applicant is a no show on date & time of appointment. Applicants will be required to schedule & pay again for another appointment once the appointment date has passed. Applicants however can reschedule the appointment to a later date upto 48 hours in advance from date of appointment.
The passport or official travel document should be valid for at least three months longer than the validity of the visa applied for. The passport must have been issued within the last ten years and be signed.
Non Qatari nationals must have a residence permit attached in the current valid passport.
- Completed application form, duly signed by the applicant. You must answer all the questions, otherwise your application will not be accepted. Both legal guardians must sign the application of minors.
- Photocopy of the national ID card (both sides).
- A recent colour passport size photo with white background, passport size (45 mm x 35 mm), full face and taken against a light background. Gents with uncovered head. It must be stuck with glue (not stapled) to the application form.
- Photocopy (full page) of your biographical data and Qatar visa passport pages.
- Photocopy (full page) of your individual medical insurance covering all costs that could arise as a result of emergency medical assistance, emergency hospitalization or medical repatriation. The insurance should cover costs of at least EUR 30,000 and be valid for the duration of the stay in all the Schengen countries.
- Photocopy (full page) of your ticket booking and travel itinerary.
- Documents certifying the availability of accommodation in Spain (hotel reservation or invitation letter by the Spanish police if staying with friends or relatives).
- Personal bank statement for the last six months.
- For Non Qatari nationals: Letter from the sponsor containing the following information: personal data, position, terms of employment (temporary or permanent), starting date of employment, monthly net salary including allowances, granted leave days, date and contact details.
- Diplomatic and Special passports need a “Note verbal” from either the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Rulers Office for exemption of
For Children under 18 years old:
- Parental authorization signed by parents authorizing the minor to travel (with or without parents).
- Photocopy of father or mother’s passport have to be attached to the authorization.
- Letter from the parent’s sponsor (if not Qatari) and parent’s bank statement for the last six months.
- All documents should be presented in English or with a legalized Spanish translation. Any document submitted for the visa application will remain in our files.
- An interview could be required at the Embassy
- You may be asked to provide further information or documentary evidence in addition to the above guidelines
- The mere submission of the listed documents does not guarantee the issuance of a visa. Individual assessments are made in every case. The Embassy of Spain does not provide any information on the status of a visa processing whether by phone or by mail.
Applicants, submit your Application form with the new photo format, as explained below:
The photo must fulfill the norm specified by the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization).
- Use plain light-coloured background.
- The photo must be no more than 6-months old.
- Not tilted picture (portrait style) showing both edges of face clearly.
- Close up of the head and top of the shoulders so that the face takes up 70–80% of the photograph.
- Photo in sharp focus and clear.
The photo for each visa applicant submitted must measure:
- The picture dimensions must be 240 pixels wide by 320 pixels high at least. A smaller picture will be rejected. For instance, a photo being 235 pixels by 320 pixels is not valid.
- On the other hand, the photo should keep a proportion of 3 x 4 (width x height) within limits. However, 250 x 340 pixels picture would be valid, but not a 290 x 340 pixels one.
- Finally, the image weight (size in Kbytes) can never be bigger than 120 Kbytes. Finally, the image weight (size in Kbytes) can never be bigger than 120 Kbytes.
- An image resolution is measured in DPI (dots per inch) and it's mainly used to control printing quality. Therefore, higher resolution means better printing quality.
- Photos resolution should be 300 dpi, so, when you scan the image, check this parameter carefully. However, bear in mind that the higher the resolution, the bigger the picture.
- The only image format accepted is JPEG (Join Photograph Expert Grup Format). The other image formats such as BMP, TIFF, GIF, PNG, etc. will be rejected (a warning will be shown).
Attaching the Photo to the Application form
- Glue one photograph to the application form in the designated space.
Note : If children are traveling with their parents and are included inside the passport of the mother and/or the father, one photograph for each children MUST be glued to the application form of the father or the mother, depending on whom are they traveling with.
Please follow these instructions carefully. If the photograph presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete.
All visa applications for all nationals must meet the minimum processing period of 15 days up to 3 months.
The mere submission of the listed documents does not guarantee the issuance of a visa. Individual assessments are made in every case.
The Embassy of Spain does not provide any information on the status of a visa processing whether by phone or by mail.
Visa Application Form (English Language)
The forms are in PDF format.
You will need an Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and download this form.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader
To download the Application Form:
1. Click on the form link
2. When the form opens, save the form on your computer.
1. Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
2. Select Save Target As from the list
3. Save the form on your computer.